Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Living Simply.


Recently I have become interested in the idea of “living simply”. Sounds easy right? I’d imagine it to be much harder than we think. I think throughout my blog post this idea of living simply might come into play more than once. This week  I want to visit something that defiantly fits into the category of living simply. At the bottom of my post there is a video I saw on the Today Show that absolutely BLEW my mind. It is the story of Scott and Béa Johnson, a family otherwise known as the “zero waste family”. This family believes in taking it upon themselves to do their best to create zero waste. As you’ll see, they do a very good job. I believe it is very important to take care of our planet and that it is our actions which often times have adverse effects on our planet. Here is where I pose the question, is what they are doing really necessary? I’m not sure it is and I’m not sure it isn't. Could you imagine a world were in six months the total waste we create could fit into the palm of our hands? It’s hard to deny that our planet would be a completely different place to live. Do you think the majority of people are acutally ready to live like Scott and Béa? I know right now I’m not and honestly I don't know if I ever could be. Only, I kind of wish I was. Do you?





No comments:

Post a Comment