Wednesday, November 9, 2011

FLIGHT OF THE FRENCHIES

Are you scared of heights? I'm not going to lie, I am to a certain extent. I also believe most people are as well. Almost everybody has had the feeling when they are, for one reason or another, high above the ground. All of a sudden something happens, they lose their balance or their concentration, causing them to nearly loose their hold or footing. Only to, at the last moment, regain their composure to avoid tumbling down towards the impending collision with the earth. 

In this moment you realize you have saved yourself. Your body is filled with a rush of adrenaline, fear, and excitement. For me personally this feeling is not one I usually welcome. However, to some this feeling is as addicting as any drug and must be replicated in any way possible. 

I showed you a couple of weeks ago, a man named Jeb Corliss,  who fueled this need by suiting up in a squirrel suit and jumping off cliffs. These guys, the “The Frenchies” take the same route, but mix in slack-lining, and giant outdoor swings along the way. Not only are they out of their minds, but the cinematography and the shots captured in these stunts, are in my opinion, very WOW-able.



No comments:

Post a Comment